Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Speed version. Post work rant, but meeting up with a buddy I hardly ever to hang with…
Let’s turn and burn.
1) Chaminade was a great story by beating Texas in the Maui Invitational and almost was worth watching against Illinois. But, THAT game pretty much went how it should and they looked like they only had 1200 students to choose ballers from. Illinois cruised.
2) UNC loses to Butler in the other game. Actually, aside from about a 4 minute span in the second half, UNC got WORKED by Butler. Brad Stevens could have any coaching job in the world, but he prefers to brilliantly coach sub par athletes to victories against the big time schools. Wow, and what a pickup is Arkansas transfer Rodney Clark. Dude can run the show, shoot, play D, you name it. This game was the first time that UNC was held to less than 20 points since 1998.
2a) It just LOOKS like UNC doesn’t really care about shooting well. Over the last ten years, it just seems like they have much more athletes than pure shooters.
3) Now that Mike Antoni has held a practice and coached a game, can we stop tracking the daily going ons of the Lakers coach? His first time doing anything is getting media coverage like when Brett Favre was throwing balls to high school receivers down south during an alleged comeback. Stop it.
4) Ed Reed’s suspension was lifted for his hit in the Steelers game, as it should be. He was fined $50k. He also complained about this, saying it was too much. Easy, Ed. I am surprised that they backed off at ALL, let alone listen to you about a monetary amount. Hey, you will make about $420k this weekend. $50k out of that isn’t so bad. Must be nice. Can I send you a $500 car repair bill?
5) The Yankees give pitcher Huroki Kuroda a new contract. I like the signing, no matter how little people outside of New York know him…and Wikipedia just got some action.
6) Dirk Nowitzki says he will return in mid-December most likely. OJ Mayo will hold down the scoring load while he is gone, and maybe he can use the free time to tell the media if his “w” sounds like a “v” or a “w.”
7) Danica Patrick is getting a divorce. Men on the racy Go Daddy sets for the Super Bowl commercials just got about 5% more hope than they had of somehow starting a casting relationship.
8) Justin Tuck admitted that the New York Giants might have been “borderline cocky” over the last few weeks? What? Read that sentence again and pinch yourself. Justin Tuck just was slightly humble.
9) Hey. UCLA’s Shabazz Muhammad IS learning. Twenty points last night on 12 total shots. Not bad, kid. I am not impressed by your not carved stature, but you can ball. Go hit the weight room.
10) Another note on the UNC-Butler game. UNC had NO second chance points with 15 minutes left. So. You are telling me that THEY have the superior athletes, but they can’t buy a rebound?
11) Lindsey just made another CD for me (yes, we roll like that). IT has that Black and Yellow rap song. I like when he says “no keys, push to start.”
11a) Of course, it has Flo Rida on it, which I have come to conclude that although Dre will always be the king, this other guy is my second favorite rapper at the moment.
12) Thoughts and prayers out to Hector Camacho. He was one of the greats in the ring, and he is presently on life support after being shot twice in a drive by car shooting. Hang in there, just like you did in all of those great fights IN the ring.
13) The redshirt freshman USC QB has come out and KIND OF guaranteed a win over the Irish. Easy, kid. You were almost definitely the shit back in HS, but let your ACTIONS do the talking, not the mic.
14) JJJJJJJJJAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK TTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. 138 points. Wow. 52-108 shooting. 54 year old record. 179-104. The funniest comment I had was from one of our sales managers today. “If you put me in a gym for that actual game time with no one else there, I couldn’t score that much.” 108 shots. Division III….whatever. Scoring 138 points at any level is pretty sick.
14a) LeBron and Kobe are in “awe” of this kids performance. Thanks, best players of the game, for “enlightening” us, the masses. Everyone is in awe, the sky is blue, and the grass is green.
15) I had to pinch myself to make sure it was real. It was actually on the WIRE that Tim Tebow received a bouquet from an secret admirer. It is Thanksgiving football, the last week of college football, the first great week of college basketball, the start of the NBA season, and we are reporting THIS? UGGHHH times 1000.
16) They strike again. Lindsey got me into Imagine Dragons, an incredible band. Here is a new one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSoIWEGL1YM
17) I think it is cool that Indiana basketball never retires jersey numbers. Considering HOW he plays, I am having Isiah Thomas (my favorite player ever…ON the court) flashbacks when I watch Yogi Ferrell play for them, wearing number 11.
18) That new Yoga Computer looks pretty cool. REALLY good name, too.
19) Some things work, some you have to get past. Lindsey is “ok” with Seinfeld, “not as ok” with basketball, but loves Rules of Engagement oddly enough. Score. More Puddy in a different show. LOVE that show, and you should also.
20) ESPN got the rights to the 2014 college football playoff. S.M.A.R.T.
21) What a surprise. There is no movement in the NHL talks. They are over $182 million apart. Before you ask if that is good, just know it hasn’t really changed in the last 6 weeks.
22) That is it. Gotta go. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.