Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Quick and dirty speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
1) The funniest thing about the Bama criminals is that Eddie Williams was arrested a couple days earlier for illegally having a gun. Dude is just dumb. The players have been suspended, and I am sure Nick Saban is already adjusting his talent filled depth chart for next year.
2) Let’s have some good news for Bama football. I didn’t find the exact collection of pictures I talked about yesterday concerning McCarron’s woman, Katherine Webb, as it was taken down, but I did find a video of the shoot and 5 or so of the pics. Enjoy, gentlemen.
3) King Felix gets 7 years and $175 million from the Mariners. He is one of the best in the game, but that is a lot of dough for a guy who plays every 5 days.
4) Florida stomps Kentucky in an SEC showdown. What everyone really cares about is the Nerlens Noel injury. I am not saying it is serious or not, but aside from hitting the base of the hoop stand with his knee, the play looked eerily similar to the play years ago when I blew out my quad tendon, ACL, and sprained my MCL on a shot block. I hope it is not serious for him.
5) Not sure why Phil Knight keeps changing his stance on the whole JoePa thing, but it is irritating. Make up your mind.
6) I am officially over the Capital One baby commercials with Jimmy Fallon.
7) The Duke/ UNC rivalry has produced close games even when one team is up and the other is rebuilding. That being said, I have seen nothing from UNC to make me believe that will happen tonight.
8) I know you all only went to college for a year, and I know you have to keep up your hip, street image, but come on. Carmelo: “Never seen nothing like…” what LeBron is doing. Adrian Peterson: “I wouldn’t trade him for nothing…” on Percy Harvin wanting out. You are making Syracuse and Oklahoma proud.
9) The Celtics lost Leandro Barbosa to a torn ACL. Their body count as they keep winning? Sullinger, Rondo, and Barbosa all out for the year. Barbosa hurts in the long run, because now there is NO depth at PG at ALL.
10) An ex-financial advisor said that Vince Young threw a $300k birthday party during the lockout in 2011 when he was hurting for cash. I guess that Wonderlic DOES tell you something about people. First attempt for VY? 6. Second? 16.
11) Larry Bird’s son was arrested for trying to drive over his girlfriend. The younger hick from French Lick looks a little off the beaten path. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20673262,00.html
12) I am very depressed that in my search for a second magazine for home, that Sporting News has remained firm on being digital only except for preseason specials. Dammit. Sporting News is the only good thing associated with AOL.
13) While Michigan State was literally destroying Michigan last night (yes, OFFICIALLY OFF the Michigan bandwagon), Keith Appling slapped the floor Duke style. Seriously, it looks awesome after all of these years. I think more people should do it. Bless you, Bobby Hurley.
14) Hey, Melo. We all haven’t seen anything like what LeBron is doing technically. He is the first player to average 30 or more points AND shoot above 60% FG for SIX straight games. Boom goes the dynamite.
15) Quick hitter today. I will do more tomorrow. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.