Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. 20 minute work break. Mini one today.
Let’s turn and burn.
1) If this is the Cowboys true prime time year to make a run, they sure aren’t showing it. In their first televised game against the Giants, Murray had 20 rushing attempts and averaged 6.6 yards per carry. In last night’s debacle, he had 11 attempts rushing. What gives? Sure, I know situational downs require different strategies, but they actually made the Bears defense look GOOD. Like 6 years ago good.
1a) Tony Romo’s five picks aren’t going to get them anywhere either. Drew Pearson made a good point on Mike and Mike today. He said that if you are this NOT on the same page as your receivers at this stage in the season, it is not good at all.
1b) Sure, Dez Bryant is making some catches, but he is making the catches he SHOULD make. You need to reel in some of those tough ones also, bro, if you are going to be the superstar we all expect you to be.
1c) The Murray comment has NOTHING to do with the fact that he is on one of my fantasy teams.
2) The Tide lost a starter for the season. Their backups are all All-Americans. I am sure they will be fine, especially since Oregon seems to be the only team that appears interested in challenging them fully. And we saw how THAT played out when they made the championship to play the SEC rep two years ago.
3) The Bulls gave coach Thibodeau a contract extension. That guy must feel good that other people realize that without Rose, they are only decent, and since Rose likes Thibodeau, and Thibodeau is the coach…well, you get the idea.
4) I was at the movie theater the other day, and there was a sign saying they do group events, with “american reunions” third on the list. What? So, you are telling me that 50 people who haven’t seen each other in 10 years get together in a movie theater to NOT talk for 3 hours? Confused.
5) Rex backs Mark Sanchez with the murmurs increasing. Keep telling the media how good he looks in practice, and I hope you are enjoying yourself in your whole east coast version of Tebow Mania. Uggghhh.
6) Kobe says that the Lakers are still “his” team. I hear you, bro. You can just flash those rings if anyone has a problem with it…or take their wives to Eagle, CO for a vacation.
7) The Knicks have said that the only reason they let Jeremy Lin go was for financial reasons. Thanks for clearing THAT up, because I don’t see a reason on your roster that would explain otherwise. Sure, Dallas got a ring, but I think that Jason Kidd showed us enough that he is on the downside of his career that I wouldn’t feel so good about him running the show. Running the show on a winning team? Sure. A ring? Don’t know about that.
8) Yay. Direct TV reads my blog. There was a new commercial out last night during the football game. Something about “don’t drive your car into a pizzeria” or something.
9) It is flying more under the radar than I think it should, but know that it is DAMN hard to win a triple crown in the MLB. Miguel Cabrera could very well do that. Combine that with his team in the playoffs running away with their division, and the nod is leaning much more towards him as MVP over Mike Trout.
10) Did you see the Red Sox fan HELP the Yankees home run ball? That is odd, and a sure sign that the Red Sox are bad this year. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/red-sox-fan-helps-yankees-russell-martin-homer-042918787–mlb.html
11) The Nationals clinch. Oh, the Fillerbuster might have been SO right writing this in the rant a couple years ago.
12) That is it. Mini one today. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.