Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Quick one before hitting the road. Morning rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) If you looked this morning at the ESPN and Fox Sports websites, you would have seen two conflicting stories about Metta World Peace. Since we know Fox is pretty much worthless except for “fun” stories, I usually tend to believe ESPN. Anyway, ESPN said that the NBA is no longer of interest for him. On Fox, apparently he is interested in joining the Clippers. All this being said, WHO we are talking about makes this very much more realistic on both sides. We don’t KNOW Metta, but I assume him being bipolar wouldn’t exactly blindside us. He probably made the comment to ESPN, and then woke up doing a 180 (or a 360 per George in Seinfeld). From a basketball sense and not measuring his oddness, he would be a great fit for that team and would put someone on there that has a ring. He is odd, but he still can ball.
2) Scott Boras has said that leaking names in the Biogenesis thing would violate the MLB CBA. Guess he is meandering more towards baseball topics since Jay-Z is starting to jack all of his NBA clients.
3) Mark Sanchez says he will absolutely start this year. He is the only QB who continually announces this each year. We love your confidence, bro, and I guess he needs to hear himself say it out loud. It is your reads and arm that bother us. You are SUCH the perfect QB for the drama episode that is the New York Jets.
4) Went to Live at Five yesterday with Lindsey. Free concert on bar roof. Five for Fighting was playing. I am ballparking he is a Russian guy who grew up in LA when The Great One was trying to get them a Cup. They were MUCH better than I thought overall, and it was cool to see Superman performed live, but my highlight was AFTER the show. The radio station played a song in between stuff. Winger-Seventeen. When I say that is Filler music, I mean it was filler music AND it is definitely FILLER music. I think I was the only person there who knew the words. I was DEFINITELY the only person singing along. How Lindsey likes me I will never know.
5) Stephen Strasburg had his worst outing ever yesterday. SEVEN earned runs. Two things make this even worse. It was the Marlins. And the Nationals hitters spotted Strasburg THREE runs in the top of the first inning. Come on, man. A top tier pitcher getting 3 runs handed to them before taking the mound should OWN that game.
6) We went and checked out a newer place called View House after the concert. Cool, different setting, and shame it was pouring rain when we went there as they have a roof and “yard.” I will definitely be going there again. They had bocce ball. Not often you get to play bocce ball outside in grass at a downtown bar.
7) A-Rod is meeting with MLB about the PED probe. Whatever. I brought this up because the Rules of Engagement rerun that was on last night was Jeff trying not to be homophobic, but ending up in a fantasy baseball conversation with a gay man. Jeff was asked about the formerly stated player. HILARIOUS.
8) The more we hear about Mississippi basketball star Marshall Henderson, the more his rebel like attitude on the court makes sense. He just is a drug using, bad guy. I guess all of the NBA talk seems laughable right about now.
9) The Braves temporarily wiped out their entire outfield this week, losing the Upton brothers last night to leg injuries. Shame this team can’t stay healthy. So much talent on that squad.
10) Chris Davis is one of very few players to ever hit 35 or more home runs before the All Star Break. Hope he is clean, because most of the others were PED users. Who is the ONE that is definitely not? This guy was such a badass. Reggie Jackson had 37 back in the day.
11) Lindsey and I are going to Vail to see the symphony and her dad sing tonight at the Vail Amphitheater. Great place to see any show. Thanks to her dad for setting the trip up. Tomorrow, we will go white water rafting, a very Colorado thing to do. Should be a good day and a half. Plus, Lindsey gets a rematch at giant chess. The hotel we are staying at has this chessboard outside its main door with HUGE chess pieces. Fun. Here is where the show will be tonight.
12) Shame to hear Shane Larkin broke his ankle and will be out 8-12 weeks. He will be the most fun undersized PG to watch in YEARS if you watched him play at all at Miami.
13) One more shot at any Fox affiliate. True story. A Fox station in San Fran had to apologize to listeners for a mistake they broadcast after the crash. An intern received a call, and passed it along to the station big wigs. They bought it, and actually announced that the pilots’ names were Wi Tu Lo, Ho Le Fuk, Sum Ting Wong, and Bang Ding Ow. Awesome.
14) I am not going to post the picture, but I guess these are the pics that scare away people from running with the bulls. http://deadspin.com/the-running-of-the-bulls-keeps-happening-despite-shit-l-768309704
15) That is it. Gotta get ready to hit the road. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.