Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) The Spurs took down the Heat in Game 1, making my six game prediction right on cue at this point with lots of action to go. The game was not pretty, indicative that the Spurs were getting their way even while down a lot of the game. They never let the Heat get too out of touch, stuck to their game plan, and had a little luck down the stretch to reward their stubborn consistency. Dwayne Wade even woke up a little in this game. I would be a little jittery if I was on the Heat. Now, they pretty much have a MUST win in Game 2, while the Spurs can just let it all hang out and try and steal BOTH games. I think the Heat get the next one. The Spurs did their job though.
2) Run outside and see if there is a meteor shower. The Los Angeles Kings lost at home. The Hawks look almost as good as the Bruins are looking right now. We didn’t expect these ass whippings in the Conference Finals, but it should be a hell of a Stanley Cup Finals series.
3) Apparently the Griz and Clippers are both interested in George Karl. Meanwhile, Brian Shaw is now sad that he is surprisingly not the top choice out there.
4) I was sad as I watched Courtcast as the Nadal/ Djokovic “final” unfold, number by number. I should have taken a day off. Dammit. 9-7 in the fifth? Wow. I can’t comment too much as I can only fill in the blanks with what I read about it. All I know is Nadal will have a tough match Sunday against the clay stud David Ferrer, but the worst is definitely over.
5) My boy, Bryce Harper, is going to visit the last guy on earth I want him visiting…Dr. Andrews.
6) A-Rod is “not ready” to talk about the PED scandal. That’s ok, A-Rod. We know you are guilty, and I am sure your legal team is taking a little extra time with your honest sounding statements that deny everything. The only thing that made me happier than you being an idiot is to find out you are a cheater too.
7) I agree with Jim Rome. Of all the athletes out there, I would take 5 hockey players over any other sport in an alley fight. Bruins Gregory Campbell recently broke his leg during the beginning of a shift…and finished the shift.
8) I don’t wish I was a Jedi Knight ALL the time. The ONE time I think about it though is when I am sitting/ laying comfortably more than 3 feet from my TV remote control.
9) In that Adidas commercial, the rap goes “when you’re crazy quick, being quick ain’t fair.” I think that is incorrect.” I think it should be “being quick is cool, but crazy quick ain’t fair.”
10) I have been watching 1975 quality color on my TV for the last 3 weeks because my toe hit an unknown button. Lindsey came home and fixed it by hitting the “3” button.
11) Dodgers rookie Yasiel Puig hit a grand slam last night to continue his opening week dominance. Where are the fan clubs for him and Phils Domonic Brown? Looks like these guys are going to do their own version of Harper vs. Trout.
12) That is it. Gotta go to company party. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Long one tomorrow to clean up the loose ends from the week. Peace.