Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day time rant. Let’s turn and burn.
1) First off, I would like to welcome anyone looking for photos of clowns, photos of corona coolers, or old pictures of Barry Manilow. I am still trying to figure out how my website is attaching itself to these images in Google searches, but I like it. Anyway, folks, this is a sarcastic, high level sports blog with 10% of just random stuff that pops in my head daily. Stick around.
Here are the three photos linking to this site oddly enough:
2) The Blackhawks beat the Wings last night in Game 7. I watched the entire thing and enjoyed every second of it. What a game. The first goal was timing on a line change, the next one knotted it up, and it set up a frenetic third period. If you are a Wings fan, you are sad, but you actually lost twice and you know it. That goal at the end of regulation should have counted, and then the righteous thing happened-the Hawks still won in OT. The Hawks had 8 more shots on goal (35-27), and one of those snuck through. Sorry, Ponto. One more time for the books since your season is done, and now you can enjoy baseball and football training camps.
3) The shaking of hands at the end of an NHL playoff series is one of the coolest things in sports.
4) Neat little stat. What four teams do we have left??? The four teams who have won the last four cups. That is adorable.
5) Says here that it is Pens in five, Hawks in 7, and then Pens in 6.
6) Detroit Tiger Torii Hunter is going to miss two games to see his son’s graduation. This is bullshit. I am glad you are trying to be a good father, but YOUR son also realizes that you make millions and hard working people come to SEE you PLAY. Devil’s advocate. It is baseball. More games, Fillerbuster. Ok. Then you don’t need TWO days to go. Take one, which I still have a problem with because of those kids wearing your jersey whose dad paid to see you play. And don’t pull a Pop argument on me. Pop sat his big three to HELP THEM WIN the championship (which is looking pretty smart right about now). His players weren’t doing personal stuff. Deaths, births, and really ill family members. That’s it. This is the sacrifice of making all that money playing a game.
7) Thanks to Vince for noticing THIS. The Astros are working hard on breaking some “worst all time” records. How the HELL are they carrying a 1.99 ERA in three games vs. the Rockies, and 5.26 against the rest of the league? Non sequitur. Or the Rockies are going back to the realm that I personally think their talent level deserves.
8) Caroline Wozniacki lost at the French Open. Too much couple time evidently. You and Rory can console each other for BOTH suddenly sucking presently.
9) Anyone want an old school HEAVY big TV? $40. $20 if you come and carry the thing out of my apartment. Thing is back surgery waiting to happen. Bring a dolly.
10) It is ON. Keep making Hennessy commercials, Manny Pacquiao. You got left in the dust. Mayweather announced he will fight Canelo Alvarez on September 14th. I am stopping everything and catching that (like I actually have a lot going on that far away in my life). Just when you didn’t think he already made enough money, this should be his biggest fight to date. Anyone who says he is ducking people, be quiet. Mayweather has agreed to fight up 5 pounds at a catch weight, and Alvarez is 42-0-1. Boom goes the dynamite.
11) I am slowly packing for my move. I decided it is tough to throw away ties. You never know when that crazy color might be needed.
12) Do PJ Carlesimo and Tom Thibodeau smoke? They both always sound HORRIBLE.
13) The U.S. soccer team lost to Belgium in a “friendly.” I don’t know what this means, as I am still how teams play in a jovial, jolly manner. The rec center basketball court people are not enemies to me, but I still want to win every single time.
14) I don’t think I have ever eaten at Carl’s Jr. or Good Times. Not sure if I am missing anything, but I drove away from one of them when I realized it was a drive up and wait thing. This is fast food. I need to be in control. That is irritating. What? That is Sonic? Well, I guess I might have missed all three. How is that possible? I had to have eaten at ONE of them at some point, right? Oh well. If I am getting a fast food burger, I am still partial to navigating to Wendy’s or McDonald’s. I might need to investigate this further. Moving on…
15) You know Shane Victorino. Red Sox. Ex-Phillie. You know? You don’t? Well, dude just busted out 72 “you know’s” in a three minute interview. http://deadspin.com/shane-victorino-said-you-know-72-times-in-one-three-m-510312211
16) Mom, in my moving, the UVA colored rain coat from 1991 is finally getting the boot. The Marc Anderson winter coat from 1995 survives to the next round.
17) My depression is starting this week to creep upon me. The one day without basketball, and only games tonight and Saturday guaranteed. The only problem with Memphis getting smoked is the absence of games.
18) In that Passat commercial where the guy almost gets hit by the car on the street while backing out after his family shows us how much he is loved with his wife and son, isn’t it more the guy’s fault than the slightly speeding car driving down the street? Confused.
19) Julie Hermann has had a player come out from 2004 citing verbal and physical assault in the locker room after a game. Just kidding. I am just used to writing bad stuff about her and Rutgers.
20) Soccer can be boring. I get it. But THIS is fast. Dude from Ecuador scores in professional soccer in the first 10 seconds. http://deadspin.com/lukas-podolski-scores-goal-six-seconds-into-match-again-510366169
21) Nicklaus says the Tiger-Sergio media spat is stupid. Agreed, Jack. Not even the content. The point about men solving things one on one instead of through the media/ social meda is a point I have complained about for years. Just give the person a call.
22) In case you didn’t get my tweet about the Wings and Mike Harmon, the NASCAR driver was busted AGAIN for stealing. He has a storage area where they just found 2 stolen cars and 5 stolen trucks. Aren’t you around ENOUGH cars during the day to be happy, bro?
23) Griz Quincy Pondexter is having a great NBA offseason already. Not only did he admit on Twitter he didn’t KNOW who Ms. Tennessee was, but when he got the answer and then she tweeted him, he got an actual date. That is….SOMETHING. http://deadspin.com/quincy-pondexter-gets-date-with-miss-tennessee-thanks-t-510386438
24) Rant Squad scouts are officially deployed. Josh Sale, a Tamp Bay Rays prospect, was not satisfied with getting busted for PED’s and banned 50 games. He decided to post a stripper related Facebook posting to get banned from the team. See? THESE are the people I need on my squad. Players who JUST do enough to be known as stupid, but don’t do enough to go to prison.
25) That is it. Thanks for reading, especially if you were just looking for a photo on Google. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.