Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. End of the month, 20 minute work break.
I feel the need…the need for speed.
1) Redskins coach Mike Shanahan is concerned with the amount of hits that RGIII is receiving. Hmmm. Hey, Mike. Ummm. Aren’t YOU the offensive mastermind, and isn’t your SON running the offense, and aren’t YOU running a tad more option plays than a typical pro style offense, so shouldn’t YOU just fix this on your own? Call me, Mike. We can go out for beers.
2) I am not a Bronco hater, but just don’t care for the home team. At all. Anyway, maybe THAT is why I missed the slide from Eric Decker, who said that the team’s lack of depth at receiver made him think that a slide was for the better. Hey, Eric. It was the 3rd quarter. You were down 20 points. The Lions had just scored 14 points in 18 seconds in the previous game. You had a couple defenders in front of you and a blocker. How about you try and score and let the GM worry about the team’s depth? Here is the bird’s eye view of your slide, buddy.
3) On the flip side, and getting a Broncos player’s back, I think Joe Mays being suspended for a game is ridiculous. You are telling me that we are now suspending players who put a hard hit on another player that happens to take a part of his lobe off? It is a dangerous sport. Let’s pick and choose the suspension battles, guys.
4) Fox Sports STILL had the first 6 things on their wire ALL relating to the Packers-Seahawks last play miscall. Do you guys NOT like pennant races and such? YOU should ALSO pick and choose your battles and stories. Your useless information is bad enough without overdoing ONE story.
5) I mentioned the refs, so let’s all sing a song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzPBcCF9yKc&feature=youtu.be
5a) Don’t tell anyone, but that is actually my most recent “chick” song. My chick song is the song that although I know I am a normal dude for the most part, I still feel secure in occasionally liking the dumbest, chick song on the radio. I might not roll down the windows on the highway and crank it, but I feel secure in enjoying it.
6) While we are on the refs, here is an adorable link from the Green Bay area.
7) Another quick ref link. It is at least worth looking at the picture by the article. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/25/lingerie-football-league-fired-nfl-replacement-officials/70001098/1
8) Got to stop. I don’t want to be Fox. I was happy to hear that the San Francisco Giants are still not planning, via sources, in having Melky Cabrera on their playoff roster. I concur. No cheaters allowed.
9) Tim Tebow didn’t even create this headline, and that makes me more mad/ less “excited.” Apparently, the Museum of Sex in New York has offered Mr. Virgin a lifetime membership to their entity. Great.
10) The University of Minnesota at Crookston had a couple drunk field painters for its game last week. If you look closely, they misjudged their pretty little logo by 5 yards and put it on the 45 yard line. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/whoops-school-paints-midfield-logo-45-yard-line-165829965–ncaaf.html
11) Cheryl Tiegs turned 65 years old this week. PTI was right. Even though I solidly missed the tale end of that fad and was more a part of the Kim Basinger and Heather Locklear one (with about 20 others I could name here), dare I say that every heterosexual male in the 70’s probably had either a Farah Fawcett or Cheryl Tiegs poster somewhere in their house.
12) Rafael Nadal has declared that he might not be ready to play the Australian Open because of his health. The Australian Open? That is in JANUARY. What gives? You could have reconstructive knee surgery and THEN you might miss the Australian Open.
13) Shame to see the Michigan-Notre Dame rivalry come to a temporary close. To think, with politics and all this realignment crap, we have lost the KU-Missouri bball rivalry AND the Irish-Notre Dame football rivalry all within this calendar year. Sad, sad, sad.
14) Although I am older and should be better at most trivial things in my life, I have noticed that over the last year, I have suddenly become very bad at swallowing pills…vitamins, medicine, etc. I have regressed.
15) Here Bud Selig wrecks the traditional playoff system and adds teams to make it MORE exciting, and look what we have. Instead of a BUNCH of teams fighting it out for those one game playoffs, it is actually pretty mild in the standings. It is like the races have MATCHED up with the new system. Weird.
16) Pitcher Eric Gagne has said that he would estimate that about 80% of the Dodgers in the 90’s used HGH. Thanks, Eric, for shedding more light on the topic we are all over. I still think to the hitters Eric Gagne might be referring to, and wonder how good that Atlanta pitching rotation might have been had dudes NOT been juicing.
17) I don’t read People. When I saw Jessica Simpson on some commercial last night, I am pretty sure I thought she was still married to Tony Romo.
18) Why did the newer Direct TV “don’t be…” and Dos Equiis most interesting man commercials suddenly pause? Make some new ones. I am not overloaded on those yet. Keep them coming. I am dying to hear what interesting things that interesting guy did this time. THAT is not sarcastic. Laughing with the monks. Sword fighting. Having pet tigers. I wonder if he might want to have a couple beers and play Golden Tee with me.
19) I hear the Mayweather/ Pacquiao lawsuit is being settled. I don’t care. I want the fight. Hurry up before either of them have an age, family, or other excuse of why they lost.
20) From my icon as far as sports writing: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040302
21) My thoughts and prayers go to Dusty Baker, manager of the Reds and victim of a stroke. He will be back for the playoffs, and I hope the added stress doesn’t affect his health any more. Get better, Dusty.
22) That is it. Back to work. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.