Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Glad you could join me. JUST when Indy was going to enter the elite of the NFL conversation, they get taken down by the extremely bipolar Chargers. Rivers consistency is about as constant as the fans confusion of his wasted talent over the years. Speaking of Indy, it came out today that Peyton actually told the Colts brass to draft Andrew Luck. First of all, being at #1 with Luck on the table really wasn’t a decision, so I don’t think anyone really persuaded anyone to do anything. SECOND, I assume he told you all to draft Andrew Luck not actually thinking you would ship HIM out of town…just saying.
2) Lost by 5 points in fantasy. Ugghhh. I didn’t really have any RB’s though. They are back now and noticed today somehow people left Aaron Dodson alone and unattended on the waiver wire. I will take him off someone’s hands.
3) The Dodgers beat the Cards in Game 3 of the series. If I am a Cards fan, I am not really stressed yet. I am slightly bothered by the lack of bats, and a little more bothered the loss came against my stud, but overall I think they are fine. I think they steal a game in LA next.
4) I am a salesperson in life who forgot to follow two of my loves…piano and sports. I am thinking of looking into being one of those sports arena organ players someday in life. It would be fun.
5) Hey, Beam and Jack. Stop putting maple and honey and crap in your bourbons. It sucks.
6) Give it another day before Donald Driver returns all of those missed calls. Cobb is out multiple weeks, Jones is hurt, Driver is retired, and Jennings is gone. Come to think of it, I might need to Google who the hell they have left.
7) I think one of the stories today went something like this….blah, blah, blah…lawyers…blah…Bosco…A-Rod…yada yada yada…
8) BOOM goes the dynamite. And everyone thinks I am crazy for liking that little guy. James said that MJ was first and IVERSON was second when it comes to role models. LOVE A.I. Thanks for getting his back, LeBron. It is true what James said. The dude was actually about 5’10 ½ and 170 lbs soaking wet. He brought it every night and played through constant pain. Dude was a machine.
9) OK. Here is a little reminder of why I write this blog. I got some feedback that Sunday’s was a little all over the place. Understood. Not denying it. BUT, this blog is simply an extension of myself that just so happens to be in a public forum. I am not trying to become famous in the sports or blogging world. I just write because I LIKE to. So, when I happen to write AFTER being at a bar watching my Steelers, it will be a little “off.” I am not here to win awards. I am here to RANT. Think of some combo of the Forrest Gump running seen (so you just RAN) and Ivan Drago looking up at the brass in Rocky IV yelling “I fight to win! For me!!!”
10) My colleague, Dave, told me a little known fact this morning. That pitcher for the Dodgers last night that suddenly everyone knows about has tossed 14 straight scoreless innings against the Cards. He has their number up to this point.
11) I didn’t even really notice the cop the first time watching the end of that Red Sox game. That is hilarious, whether you take it from a no help paradigm or random touchdown moment.
12) Puig is getting a lot of heat for celebrating a ball that didn’t go out. He still got to THIRD, which is amazing. Listen, I am firmly on the side of the fence that says he is breaking baseball etiquette. I get it. I vote for that angle. That being said, what if he was just HAVING FUN in a big moment. God forbid any of those athletes feel like they were kids again in the game they love. I think his past insubordination is getting him a little more heat than what he normally would get in this case. I also think SOMETIMES the old school baseball rules toe the line of ridiculousness.
13) World Cup qualifying’s final hoorah. If Iceland makes it in the draw, they will be the lowest population country to ever make it. Exciting. Check THIS out. Trinidad and Tobago is presently the smallest country to make it. Iceland has ONE QUARTER the amount of people THEY do. That is dope.
14) Also, AMAZING what former US coach Bob Bradley is doing with that Egyptian soccer squad. Amazing.
15) You have heard the ridiculous story about the high school volleyball player who was STILL suspended for being at a party even though she was the DD. It is more fun to read on Deadspin and the witty, sometimes high level comments below the story. http://deadspin.com/high-school-volleyballer-suspended-for-being-designated-1445202808
16) That is it. Hope you enjoyed. Lots of stuff saved for the weekend one. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.
17) Oh, and please watch the silly tetherball-bear video. It is funny.