Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
CO-BLOGGER TWITTER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
*******I am shaving my head on March 14th to help fight childhood cancer. The children and I appreciate any donations, small or large, at http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/698247/2014
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me. I will try not be as listless while writing this as the U.S. soccer was in the “friendly” against Ukraine.
2) Do I have to? No. Will I? Of course. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw
3) Seriously, I have not heard ONE Pistorius joke during the trial? You know like, in this murder trial it doesn’t look like he has a leg to stand on…that wouldn’t be even close to funny if he hadn’t murdered his woman.
4) Joakim Noah is playing like a madman, had another triple double last night, and the Bulls are looking like a Leastern Conference contender. Just like Bill Simmons wrote a week after it happened, as soon as they traded away Luol Deng for pretty much nothing and it looked like they were giving up, the players started playing like the Cleveland Indians in Major League.
5) Noah on the side is apparently also recruiting Carmelo Anthony. Easy, Joakim. Even if you got Derrick Rose back, there wouldn’t be enough basketballs to distribute on the court with him.
6) Pretty cool stuff that makes you think about time and Back to the Future and stuff. I would not have put together the wooly mammoth-pyramid one. http://m.9gag.com/gag/aLKXDXz
7) Well, I guess the older core and their raping leader will be giving it one more run together. My boys signed Polamalu and Heath Miller to three year extensions. At first glance, it looks like they are paying them beyond their years. At second glance, it might too. On the third glance, it shows true loyalty to two winners from a class organization at positions that necessarily don’t need pure speed AND will save them 4.5 million against the cap this year.
8) It also means I can have Heath Miller as my backup tight end for like the millionth straight year in fantasy.
9) A.P. wants Michael Vick. You would think this wasn’t a smart move, and it might not be, but if you look at the QB’s they have had over the last few years, it can’t HURT. What will just ANOTHER wrong decision cost you?
10) It felt like Denver sports radio thought last night that the Broncos were going to get free agent LB D-Qwell Jackson. They were wrong. The Colts picked him up, leaving the Broncos a little lost at that position still.
11) Speaking of lost, Champ Bailey.
12) Are Old Navy commercials SUPPOSED to be dumb and the joke is on me, or are they really trying and accidentally ending up dumb? I am confused, but still love their clothing of course.
13) My anticipation for the last episode of True Detective hears the footsteps of the depression that will soon follow when realizing it is over.
14) And I tried to watch the show I used to love, Blacklist, this week and it doesn’t hold a candle to True Detective so I get bored.
15) Men At Work is one of the funnier shows on TV. Catch it sometime.
16) Isn’t it scary that the Knicks just stopped a SEVEN game losing streak after a bad start to the season and STILL are only 3.5 games out of the right to get crushed by Miami or Indiana in the first round of the playoffs?
17) Hey, Ronda Rousey. I am a HUGE fan. Stop talking about Money. Stop saying you could beat him in MMA. Stop talking about two different sports and a girl vs. one of the greatest fighters in a pure sport to ever live.
18) And that slightly angry hook means I will not even show that heavenly air brushed photo of you. Yeah.
19) Oh, Mark Cuban. Way to strike up a NEW debate. You can compare the D-League and college bball all you want. They are different animals. College trains you not only for basketball, but teaches you at a time of life where you are either turning responsible or not. D-League is simply a group of kids who weren’t smart enough to go to college, not smart enough to STAY in college and leave early, or not smart enough to go play overseas.
20) Thanks to my CEO, David, for getting us free afternoon access to a nearby gym. SO excited to start spending a lunchtime or two there per week, and I will be even more motivated to get here early.
21) The Bears might have their reasons, but if I am a struggling offensive team in the NFL, I am picking up the phone and giving Devin Hester a ring. He is a speedster, but only 31 still. He has a couple years left of being someone’s unexpected points.
22) If you don’t like Pop, then there is something wrong with you. He busted out the other day that sometimes in huddles he just says “I got nothing and tells the players to come up with a plan.”
23) I hope Coach K is ok, but perhaps his dizziness was because he knows that loss might push the Dukies to a 3 seed in the tourney, and lined up with some irritating mid major with all seniors in the first round.
24) In case you were worried, Ray Rice and his fiancée are signed up for a couples seminar. No word on whether it is for self defense from each other.
25) Brandon Browner will sit the 1st four games of 2014. It is official despite what he may or may not tweet.
26) With his magnificent start to the season, does someone have Michael Carter-Williams on depression watch? I hear he is watching Syracuse games constantly right now…wondering what could have been instead of on South Street wondering if you will win again this season.
27) I am still mulling over my March Madness blog schedule. I don’t have much time at all during late March and early April. Will have to do quick hitters most of the week I am assuming.
28) Lindsey probably doesn’t realize that I am will be out of town for the championship game. That is two hours of her life she will not be sad I am not there.
29) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.
29a) P.S. I had a skill set scare over the last few weeks. It is now resolved. I hadn’t played basketball in a year or two and have played hoops my entire life. I have started shooting around at a nearby gym. The first couple trip involved a couple…AIRBALLS. I was horrified that I was the poor man’s basketball version of Rick Ankiel. Travesty averted. Last night, the stroke suddenly came back, I was raining 3’s, and made 17-20 at the stripe. Don’t stop doing hobbies you love. Getting some keys is next on my list of revamped skill sets.