Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Work break. 20 minutes. I will get to the things I don’t cover today when I travel tomorrow. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Doc Rivers has said to the media that LeBron “deserves the ring ceremony.” Thanks, Doc. We really appreciate your insight on this one. Last thing I remember, they won in pretty convincing fashion after barely escaping your Celtics. Sure, you all were close, but I am pretty sure that LeBron “deserves” it …because they won?? Cool? Yeah.
2) DeSean Jackson got Michael Vick’s back on Mike and Mike by saying that Vick can still be an elite QB. I think he can also. I can’t explain the fumbles, but the dude is still one of the best athletes on this earth. I think perhaps the offense isn’t unleashing him like they were in the past. I think he is very average when not running, and very dangerous when allowed to do his thing. If you want someone to just sit back there and try to complete passes, then put in Foles. That is not why you have Michael Vick. By the way, if you were going to consider a QB change, wouldn’t you have done it over the bye week?
3) The Yankees ok’d their options on Robinson Cano and Curtis Granderson. Might as well. Once you are all in, there is little wiggle room. Whether they flamed out in the playoffs or not, you have a pair of 8’s and stayed in, so you can’t back out now.
4) Speaking of poker, the WSOP is down to the final three players. I noticed that none of the heavyweight pro’s that became famous after Rounders are in the group…again.
5) Does Reggie Bush simply enjoy mouthing off to the entire Jets team? He said they “laid down a little.” Geez. You give that guy a surprising winning team record and he thinks he has a mic in front of him. How is that fake Heisman Trophy, cheater?
6) Billy Joel’s Allentown song talking about spending his weekends at the Jersey Shore will mean a little more after this week. A lot of those places, Billy, that you and I remember are going to look a little different after Sandy. Thoughts and prayers…
7) Apparently, South Carolina’s Marcus Lattimore has promised a return to the football field. Glad to hear it. I hope he makes it back…again. Dude seems like a great kid. Hope he makes it back for college AND pro ball.
8) I hear the Utah Attorney General has finally withdrawn his lawsuit about Utah and Boise getting screwed years ago. Not saying you don’t have a point, but there is still too small of control group for anyone from the larger conferences to think you are right either. You should just call off the dogs.
9) San Fran’s Alex Smith has really become an efficient QB. I watched the game the other night. He went from a bust to a must have guy REALLY quick.
10) Did I REALLY hear right? Morgan Freeman did an Obama commercial??? What? Morgan, just because there are less ads out there that DON’T have your voice in them than DO doesn’t mean we need you piling on in the political race. Go narrate a documentary. Go do a children’s movie. Just stay off the tube in this presidential race.
11) Cape May, NJ is not exactly a surfer’s heaven. My brother sent me a pic of a 20 foot wave there right before the storm. Crazy stuff.
12) If I have NEVER mentioned it, Patrick Warburton is pretty much my favorite TV character ever. Rules of Engagement. Seinfeld. Classic.
13) No, I didn’t mention the ugly Steelers uniforms the other day. If they looked bad, I would have called them ugly. Since they looked good, I will call them historic.
14) I hear that Rams Stephen Jackson is being shopped around. When did football suddenly become baseball and there are sellers and buyers. I wouldn’t let that guy go for pretty much anything. Hmmm. We have a top tier complete RB in an age where there are like 6 of them in the whole league. Let’s trade him. THAT makes sense.
15) Jim Leyland is asked back to manage the Tigers for another year. I don’t even think this is a huge story. It just makes sense. He got them to the World Series in convincing fashion. It is not HIS fault that they then ran into a buzz saw.
16) And the dance continues. Brady Quinn has suffered a concussion. Matt Cassel is back in as starter. That is not the abnormality going on in KC these days if you ask me. How many carries did Jamal Charles get? Like FIVE? Hell, give ME a call. I will stand back there and hand off to the stud that they seem to be ignoring.
17) I am more sensitive to this since he is on my fantasy team.
18) Lindsey ordered Asian cuisine the other night and put the leftovers in my fridge. I can honestly say that I think that was the first time that was the case since I had roommates. I am all boring meat, potatoes, pasta, etc…straight up. I am pretty much non adventurous to say the least in regards to food.
19) When Larry Fitzgerald was getting concussion tests, it reminded me of watching someone get a DUI test. I saw them all the time working at a bar.
20) I like the new Lexus tagline. “Life will flash before your eyes someday. Make it worth it.”
21) Dammit. Over the weekend, I found out “quagmire” was a word. Last night, I doubted Gruden only to look it up today and see that “recoverability” is also a word. Did I suddenly just get stupid, or just on a weird run of little known words to me?
22) That is it. Back to work. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Hope you enjoyed. Peace.