Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me. Back from Aspen, chilling here watching the UNC-UK game before heading to company Christmas party. Must blog first though.
2) There would be a healthy dose of pro scouts at this game if it was only ONE of the teams. Between both of them, there are probably at least 7 of them who will be playing at the next level.
3) We have all kinds of technology around us, but why use it for 3D visual when you can just do it on your own?
4) We caught the Broncos game at Belly Up on Thursday. I enjoyed myself. The Broncos lost, and I had the luck of sitting next to the only Chargers fan in the place who continuously said the score starting with the lower number. Very irritating.
5) Hey, Mike Shanahan, we will assume you are shutting RGIII down for the year to protect him unless you let performance reasons jargon slip out during interviews. Dude is definitely trying to get axed.
6) Clear as mud. So the college football awards were announced (outside of the Heisman) and McCarron wins best PLAYER overall, but then Squinston Winston wins best QB. Ok.
7) Nick Saban says he never even considered leaving Bama, but that he did enjoy making Bama staff and fans sweat out the last week or two.
8) Jay Cutler will start this weekend. I will say it again. McCown did his JOB, and now his JOB is back to carrying around a clipboard.
9) The half brother of Tiger Woods apparently got busted for calling in a bomb threat. Shouldn’t he have waited to do this until a final Sunday round when Tiger is imploding?
10) If you get an opportunity to see Whitewater Ramble, take advantage of it. The energy level was amazing, the music was solid, and the keyboardist was literally off the hook.
11) Does Yakima have a monopoly on car roof containers like Hudson News has a monopoly on newspaper shops in airports?
12) If Aspeny isn’t a word, it should be.
13) Odd that I love dive bars and hate uppity environments, but LOVE the uppity town of Aspen so much. One of my favorite landlocked city in the nation.
14) The Winston accuser is NOT happy with the investigation of Jameis. I am sure more will come out about this as time goes on, but something of course makes me assume the local PD didn’t give it their “all” in investigating a hometown QB about to get them another championship.
15) The Yankees are being warned about tampering with Mike Trout. That sounds about right.
16) I think that Notre Dame THINKS the rest of the country care more about Everett Golson returning to campus more than they actually do.
17) I think the Yankees THINK we care more about the Cano breakup than we actually do.
18) We had a burger at Justice Snows, which makes there beef in house. I will go on record and say it was one of the top 5 burgers I have ever had. $10 also, which is a decent price for an Aspen restaurant.
19) The bartender had a cool accent. I have always wanted an accent. I asked him where he was from and he started naming random Midwest states as his past places. I was expecting something a little more like Ireland or Australia.
20) Jimmy’s had perhaps one of the best mac and cheeses I have ever had. Great stuff.
21) Ajax was one of the coolest places we visited. Ajax sits at the base of the mountain and pretty much just bleeds skiing and snowboarding…and money.
22) Of course we had to go have a drink at internationally known Hotel Jerome. If you can’t afford to stay there, at least they let poor people in to have drinks and food.
23) I might stick up for Jay Cutler as far as starting, but I still hate the guy. At one of our stops, we had the luxury of watching Sound FX for Jay Cutler muted, and not being able to hear his whining.
24) Main Street Bakery. Pretty good cheese fondue if you ask me.
25) We make jokes about Saban going and Mack getting fired, but SOMEONE will be getting their dream gig. Texas is a recruiting heaven WITHOUT doing anything, and it is one of the 5 or so positions that can pull coaches from WHEREVER they are presently at.
26) I say it frequently in this blog. The Blazers are good, sooner or later you will realize it, and LaMarcus Aldridge had a nice 31 and 25 last night.
27) Think before firing back at Jim Brown, Kobe. I know he kind of started it, but you really don’t want a media war with him.
28) Arizona had to come back to beat Michigan but they did. Two cupcakes and then Washington State and Washington. They won’t be losing for a little while.
29) Our company is having the Christmas party at the Punch Bowl. I am interested in what wrinkle my company brings this time. The place is too big to fully rent out just for us, and too busy on Fridays to keep everyone congregated in one area. Should be fun and interesting.
30) Man City had 6 goals vs. Arsenal the other day. Using my Jim Rome soccer calculator, that is 84 US football points scored. That is a LOT.
31) Here are a couple other pics from my trip.
Just a tiny real estate company selling a local house. Yes, that number says $9 MILLION.
This is NOT a pornographic site. This was a piece of art on the street outside a store in Aspen. The store owner came out and said I had an eye for art. I won’t go ANY farther on this comment.
The above picture was our shower at the Hyatt Grand. Side nozzles, AND full steam option. Sick.
The above looks very “Aspeny,” aye? Full heated pool and two hot tubs below. I went in hot tub this morning with snow coming down. Very cool.
32) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or at least are more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.