Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant because…I am clearing my evening out for UNC-Duke obviously. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
TWITTER CO-BLOGGER: @gaberoyal
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, all. Thanks for joining me. We all hope we learn something every day, and Ray Rice learned an important lesson in the last week. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but the same rules don’t apply to Atlantic City.
2) I am sure when Cleveland Cavaliers’ fans woke up today they were NOT thinking that Spencer Hawes would be their saving grace and ride back to the top.
3) Well, the playoffs, since they never really have been at the top.
4) Last minute deal. Evan Turner goes to the Pacers and Danny Granger goes to Philly. What does this mean? This means Danny Granger can officially go back to scoring 25 points a game on a subpar team.
5) Iman Shumpert has been the captain of the trade talk season all along, and what happens? He goes down with a sprained knee on the eve of the trade deadline. No soup for ANYONE.
6) I like the Nuggets trading Jordan Hamilton away for Aaron Brooks. And getting rid of Andre Miller. Enjoy old man river, DC, and now the Nuggets have a solid, seasoned backup PG.
7) Why I am extra excited for this year’s NFL combine this weekend I have no clue, but I am.
8) Why does anyone care about Andrelton Simmons? Because in the entire MLB, the Braves have pretty much made a decision, chosen a side of the fence, and locked up ALL valuable parts for years to come. I am pretty happy if I am a Braves fan.
9) The Heat traded/gave away Roger Mason, Jr. He will get waived, and the NBA might be down one more NBA player from Charlottesville. Boo.
10) The Bucs have said they might draft a QB at #7. It is just becoming one big QB drafting party near the top suddenly, whether you have one or not.
11) I didn’t see it because I work and don’t peak at work. But that US women’s hockey loss to Canada just LOOKED, while refreshing the screen, extremely painful. Up 2-0 with a few minutes left in the game and they BLOW it? Ugghhh.
12) I felt like a loser today. UVA is updating their information for the new Alumni book being released. I had to call a hotline. “Do you have a summer home?” No. “Do you have acronym letters after your name like PHD?” No. “Do you have any graduate school you would like to list?” No. I am proof that that whole “most likely to succeed” thing in high school doesn’t always fly.
13) The Fins are firing people as well as they should.
14) Tony Stewart says that Danica should RACE Richard Petty and put this thing to rest. Not exactly the same as far as athleticism, but that would be like Monta Ellis playing against Michael Jordan right now.
15) Everyone in New York is still slowly processing Boston College beating the Cuse at their own crib.
16) Can the Ukraine at least stop fighting during the Olympics? Especially when the damn event is in Russia? And can I honestly hope to even have a chance to move on before showing this clip? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw
17) I am actually reading a book as opposed to a sports magazine. Really. I am knee deep in Hunger Games finally right now. I remember now why I have to watch reading good books. It kind of takes over my life slightly.
18) Can someone please put together a joke with Family Guy and Ted Ligety? His last name freaking RHYMES with what Quagmire says. Someone capitalize on this win.
19) My neighbors from across the hall who we talked to way back in October when Lindsey and I moved in were in the elevator with me and asked me if I lived in the complex. Caught by surprise and being a person who will mess with people if given the chance, I answered “yes.” We then shook hands, and I made sure to check my mail before opening the door across from their door. I guess I could have come clean and said “we have talked like 30 times, you idiots,” but that wouldn’t be fun. I almost creeped them out and said I was a psychic, closed my eyes, and told them I had a feeling they had a dog named Emerson.
20) I love that Matt Garza ignored the Angels offers for him because he was on vacation. That is fancy.
21) I guess Rules of Engagement pretty much dug their own grave by the set up scenario. Someone can stay married, someone can stay single, but kind of tough explaining two people being engaged for more than 8 real years.
22) Hey, Eric Decker. Stop telling us about taking care of your family and all that other crap. Just tell us that you want to leave the #1 offense and QB in the league because you want to make as much money as you can.
23) That is it. Hope you enjoyed or are least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.