Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Evening rant, and not that I am a broken record, but I have work to do, as it is one of those weeks. 20 minutes. Let’s turn and burn.
1) The media is force feeding us the new rivalry of Brooklyn and New York NBA. We need a few fights, some media arguments, a playoff series, and about 50 more games, but it will probably happen. They are in the same conference, unlike forming a Ravens-Redskins Baltimore area NFL rivalry, so it is definitely feasible, but can we please let it naturally form?
2) The Steelers Rashard Mendenhall was suspended a game…for skipping a game. It is even confusing reading how that happened. Between his injuries, his misconduct, and him not playing at the summit of the season thus far, I need a flow chart. All I know is this. The Rooneys don’t like media coverage like this, so if you want to bet me that Rashard won’t be traded in the offseason, I will take that bet.
3) I am not a Chicago Bulls fan, but I suddenly like who does the pregame music. During warmups during the telecast, I definitely heard the car chase music from the second Bourne movie. That song isn’t even on the soundtrack, and that I know because I own it. It is a change of pace from my normal workout music, and Bourne pretty much WAS a badass.
4) The Clippers are just going to get better. They were already good on paper before the season. Now, Jamal Crawford is playing like a couple years ago and averaging 17 plus points off the bench, and if Chauncey Billups can put together a run of no injuries, they will be downright scary come playoff time. They had better learn to play less “lob city” in the slower playoff style, but they will have the talent to scare OKC, Memphis, and others.
5) Hubie Brown announced an NBA game last night again. I hope this signifies that he is back for good. For now, I won’t even look at the teams he is announcing for. I will just have his brilliant remarks in the background in my apartment.
6) The Lakers lost in Cleveland last night and Kobe is staying “patient.” I got it. Why don’t you admit that the mini run you had with Pau Gasol NOT getting playing time should be now second guessed since you still aren’t using him right, and guess what? You are losing. Sorry about the run on sentence.
7) Even though I just turned 40, and even though there is a movie coincidentally out called “This is 40,” their life doesn’t look anything like mine in the previews, so I won’t see all of the parallels, and therefore have no intention of seeing it.
8) Hey, Jason Kidd. I have watched your 3 point field goal form for years. You purposely kicked your leg out to draw that foul against Brooklyn. It worked, though, so I guess good job. You should of gotten a cameo role in Lincoln so you can win an Oscar officially.
9) Eleanor stalled at a very busy intersection downtown after work today. That happened about 3 hours after the guy at the last shop told me it could be two sensors that could make me stall, and they picked the one with the best chance. After today, I am willing to throw some cash that it was the other sensor. They are as good at picking sensors as I am on a true-false quiz. And I guess, either way, I am throwing some cash in.
9a) Eleanor’s sound of a baseball card on bicycle spokes suddenly got louder today, making the stall even more fun and noisy. You have to understand. My “commute” is about three miles. She has a hard time making THAT.
10) The Reds, Indians, and Diamondbacks do a 3 team trade where guys like Joe Buck still have to sneak on Google to fully understand. I fully recognized one name, and could BS my way through about one or two more. For the record, I fully knew Shin-Soo Choo, and I could have winged it on Trevor Bauer.
11) Michigan basketball won against Binghampton the other night. I know. It is just Binghampton, but you can just consider me a very early “sell” on Michigan, and I am casually eyeballing everything they do. I love that team thus far.
12) If you are curious if the New England Patriots are motivated all about winning and not about relationships. They picked up Donte Stallworth for this last game, he caught a TD for them, and now he is gone. Season ending IR for an “ankle injury.” We would know more, but Belichick thinks football is hockey…and seems to get away with it.
13) I just realized. I am one of the only people in the world who never wants new things. I have a Jeep I keep feeding money into instead of getting something that actually runs because I have a “relationship” with it, I have a smart phone that dies mid day randomly and don’t want a new one even though I am “available for an upgrade,” (I am scared of new fancy phones), and I would prefer to wear the same hat for the rest of my life no matter how old I get or what fashion dictates.
14) There was something about Lance Armstrong in the news today. Secrecy, documents, samples…My brain just translated it as yada, yada, yada.
15) Lindsey and I still watch Brickleberry, the Tosh.0 cartoon creation. We look at each other frequently wondering if we are going to hell for laughing at jokes being made in the show. Let’s put it this way. You might think this is overkill, but I promise that it is a closer race than you think. If you took Family Guy and combined it with South Park, and threw in a little Simpsons, I think the abrasiveness of Brickleberry would STILL win. Mom. Don’t watch it.
16) Gregg Williams apparently tried to stop the bounty system. He testified to this in court. I am not buying it, but this Tagliabue decision, although right I think, opens up multiple cans of worms. The Vilma defamation suit, the reinstatement of Payton, etc. My colleague, Tim, who I converse about sports frequently at work in between our work insanity, made a great point today. We shouldn’t be surprised if the Saints sue the NFL for making players miss games, then admitting they were wrong, but meanwhile costing them games and playoff chances and money. It is a good point.
16a) Aaron Rodgers must dress in the dark, or I am sure we can go another direction on this…which we won’t here. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/12/10/photo-did-aaron-rodgers-wear-a-thong/?utm_medium=VPH&utm_source=topvph_sports&utm_campaign=395797
17) Thanks to Mike and Mike to reading my blog last night. They also related this whole Bountygate thing to A Few Good Men. Code Red/ Bounty. Whatever. They made my stall free drive to work this morning very enjoyable. Great minds think alike. By the way, if you Google “Nathan Jessup photo,” you get a bunch of pics of Jack with one big one of Buddy Ryan. Odd. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=nathan+jessup+photo&oq=nathan+jessup+photo&gs_l=serp.3…4181.7798.1.8023.21.18.1.18.104.22.1687.3143.7j5j3j5-2.17.0.les%3B..0.0…1c.1.-z2e5YR-Hyc&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=4475480cee7be47e&bpcl=39942515&biw=1440&bih=799
18) Lindsey contribution #1. This would suck. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/tommy-tuberville-reportedly-ditches-recruits-middle-dinner-cincinnati-154637499–ncaaf.html
19) Lindsey contribution #2. I agree, and ESPN Mag had a long interview before the fight where Freddie Roach kind of said this same thing. He is SO at peace, that maybe he shouldn’t be a fighter. http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201212/mom-offers-bizarre-excuse-pacquiaos-loss
20) Bloomington High School’s ladies basketball team won 107-2 last night. I bet you that person who scored those two points is a HERO, and wouldn’t you get to a certain point where you would just start launching 3’s in hopes that SOMETHING fell?
21) That is it. I have to knock out some work before I realize that all I did tonight was blog and work. I would like a few minutes to lay on the couch like a normal person. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.