Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Quick and dirty speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Bust out the Nickelback. Venus Williams looked like 10 years in a dominating performance over a ranked opponent. No matter what kind of time she has left in her legs, it would be fancy to see one more run by her in a Slam, whether or not that involves a run in with her little sis.
2) Sloane Stephens, thanks for surviving your first round match. We might have enough Googling going on later this tournament with the drop outs before the tourney, so your absence…well, provides one less chance of the need for Googling.
3) Another tennis note. James Blake announced he is retiring after the US Open. I won’t even get into this on a tennis level. He never quite got there to the promised land, and the mere existence of Andy Roddick meant HE wasn’t the biggest US Tennis disappointment around. He gave Andre a great five set run back in the 90’s at the Open, and was better known for once dating THIS woman, who was nominated one year of being hottest wife/ girlfriend of any athlete. Good job, James. You will always have the memory of Jennifer Scholle.
4) Just when you thought that Bills fans couldn’t be any sadder in life, they announce they are planning on starting Jeff Tuel as their starter for Game 1 if Manuel isn’t ready. Jeff’s college record at Washington State? 4-22.
5) Joe McKnight and Braylon Edwards were cut from the Jets. The JETS. THAT is saying something about SOMETHING. McKnight was one of the most propped up RB’s coming out of high school in years, and Edwards couldn’t decide if he wanted to make news on or off the field, whether that was punching nightclub bouncers, getting DUI’s, or just plain speeding (SEVEN times in 8 years). Anyway, the Jets can’t be THAT desperate if they are cutting these wastes of potential.
6) And I guess I am hearing that Ben Affleck will be our next Batman. We needed a Boston version of the hero. Fancy.
7) Lamar Odom called me about hanging out this weekend with him. I was picturing a MUCH more tame holiday weekend, bro. Sorry. Maybe you should like workout if you are still planning to play at all.
8) I am not saying that Adrian Peterson CAN’T rush for 2500 yards. What I AM saying is that missing your blocking FB for the first three games is not OPTIMAL.
9) The Lions cut Kickalicious. That saddens me. I wanted at least a couple games to play around with this story. Now I am on a speed rant and just don’t have the time.
10) You might think the Astros are going the wrong direction. Their stable is full with young talent, and it was just released they are the most PROFITABLE team this century. They are doing things the slow way, but the RIGHT way. Be patient, fans.
11) I could include Deadspin links EVERY day, and am keeping them for the weekend, but you really should be glancing at the site like every day.
12) The Pirates made a nice move today by getting OF Marlon Byrd and backup C John Buck. Both are good additions to that clubhouse AND on the field when things get dicey in the playoffs.
13) Elitches changed the rules as I mentioned over the weekend. I still sunk the half courter into a smaller hoop, and this was the result.
14) It is a school night for me, but THIS would be hellacious to watch. 45th floor into a POOL. Better them than me. http://kdvr.com/2013/08/27/base-jumpers-to-attempt-leap-from-45th-floor-into-denver-hotel-pool/
15) That is it. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.
15a) No obvious non sports stuff. Airwolf wins again.