Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
ON the clock. Quick work break. No new format until next week. Let’s turn and burn.
1) We have the Final Four set. Michigan looks like the team of destiny, and Trey Burke is “that player” upping his stock in March (not that it already wasn’t high enough). There is a week to prep for both teams, and we are all pretty sure that Boeheim will play a 2-3 zone. What is one of the ways you beat a zone? You shoot over it. So that means a team with great shooters can give Syracuse problems. Check. I think Michigan is on a roll and Burke is on a mission. For this first day of the week, I like Michigan. That might change by week’s end. On the other side, Wichita State is the cute Cinderella about to run into a buzz saw. Am I impressed they beat Ohio State? Sure. But if you watched any part of Louisville’s dismantling of Duke, you know they have a different level of horses. AND they have something to dedicate wins to. Kevin Ware. So, you have a group of better athletes that is deeper on the bench and who has more offensive weapons with a sad story to motivate them? Ummm. Yeah. Michigan gets Louisville in the finals, will lose, and maybe fans will be happy that perhaps Burke will come back for one more run with his peeps.
2) I LOVE the new commercial with Wade and Durant. Durant has his shot blocked and then wakes up from the nightmare. He then trains and trains. You then see him dunking on Wade, who then wakes up from HIS nightmare. HE then goes and trains and trains.
3) Now that he is in the Final Four, it makes even for a better read. Great article about John Beilein in ESPN Mag this issue. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9014486/michigan-wolverines-head-coach-john-beilein-never-too-prepared-espn-magazine
4) I like a lot of Kenny Smith’s breakdowns. Yesterday, he was talking about the game and said “the big question is if you can stop me at what I do BEST.” Spot on.
5) Funny. People were all set for the big Spurs-Heat game, and the Heat sit Wade and James/pull a Pop. Chris Bosh at least finally got a game to be the stud.
6) A golfer climbs a tree two weeks ago, and now we have this guy taking off his pants for shots. You crazy golfers… http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/andreas-harto-hits-golf-shot-during-european-tour-184848759–golf.html
7) I had a TV dilemma last night. The end of Coming to America and the beginning of Bourne Ultimatum.
8) The Raiders got Matt Flynn today, giving the power to them to drop Carson Palmer and his dreamy contract value mind. Here we go. Matt’s control group for evaluation is like one game. The Raiders are taking a chance on this one. Might as well though. You can’t do any worse than your last 10 years. Palmer is actually going to get a break on this whole thing if he ends up in Arizona as rumored. “I am sorry. You say I will get to throw footballs to the 2nd best receiver in the NFL? Umm. Ok.”
9) If you have never checked it out, you should watch The Siege. Great movie for how little pub it got. It examines 9/11 stuff years before 9/11. Willis, Denzel, Annette, and Monk. Solid.
10) Finally. BOOM goes the dynamite! My boy, Bryce Harper, had two jacks today in his first two at bats. He is on pace for 324 home runs for the year. Fancy stuff. If he somehow got better from last year, then you don’t want to be a team in his division. If you are wondering what Bryce Harper’s choice of booze is, it is two shots of Jack. Boom.
11) That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.