Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
Not on the clock. Didn’t plan on blogging as I did 102 hooks last night, but might as well rant while watching my last golf Major of the year on my couch. Let’s turn and burn.
1) Furyk is your leader and about to tee off. He won the 2003 US Open, so he won’t freeze up. If I had to bet, I would say Furyk holds the lead. If I had to pick a comeback, I would say Stenson has the goods. If I am weighing possibilities, I think Adam Scott might own the day. If I am rooting for someone, I would say Steve Stricker. Dufner has no chance. He is an idiot who can swing the clubs.
2) Is it weird that if Tiger doesn’t do well, I share some happiness that Phil doesn’t do well either. No idea why I hate that guy so much.
3) There were some development in the Hernandez case. I would comment, but they didn’t have anything to do with a possibility that he is innocent.
4) If something happened to Jim Nantz, who would announce golf? Seriously, do we have a calm voice back up? We should start thinking about it. If he wasn’t so damn old already, I would cast a vote for Hubie Brown. Unfortunately, Nantz will probably outlast Brown.
5) Jim Furyk’s swing is crazy. It is like someone is tickling him mid-swing. But, it is like shooting a free throw. If it works for you and you do the same thing every time, then go for it.
6) Hey, Justin Blackmon. When people were worried about your off the field stuff, we didn’t think it mean LITERALLY off the field three feet away…like sideline arguments. You are a physical specimen that is a waste of talent. You also went to Oklahoma State, so since I am dating a Sooner girl, I HAVE to hate you.
7) Manti Te’o is out for a week with an injury. His imaginary girlfriend must be in town.
8) These are really so fun. You do it in Little League, but when it flies in the big leagues, it is just awesome. Hidden ball trick. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/08/juan-uribe-falls-for-the-rays-old-hidden-ball-trick/
9) USC had enough problems last year. If Marquise Lee has injury problems WITH a new QB, that is NOT a good start.
10) Can we just copy and paste Jason Day’s name in the top ten for every Major for the next 10 years? Dude is having a good Sunday, and I love his game and demeanor.
11) Who is Josh Ruggles you ask? Well, I didn’t know who he was either…until he made 135-147 three pointers in 5 minutes. http://deadspin.com/tag/josh-ruggles
11a) Still doesn’t top my boy Nik Stauskas doing it in the rain. http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/04/video_nik_stauskas_goes_70_of.html
12) Not sure what people are going to list him in programs as, but Cavs Tristan Thompson is spending his summer…switching shooting hands. Being one of the best with one hand is amazing. Being able to do BOTH hands. Unprecedented. http://deadspin.com/tristan-thompson-attempting-possibly-unprecedented-cros-1090974306
13) Someone found my blog yesterday typing in “Robert garrigus pot.” I mentioned Robert of course, but it didn’t have anything to do with pot. Confused.
14) Logan, I watched some of I Am Legend yesterday. It was on the Spanish station. That dog scene is even more horrible when I have no idea what Will is saying. Logan is the shit. Follow him on Twitter. @logesmadoges. He is a Duke fan, which is an obstacle, but otherwise, he is cool as they come.
15) Seriously, The American President moves me. Truly. That movie is the bomb, and easily the closest thing to a chick flick that I like.
16) I would like to have one day where a microphone dialogue of King James is not put on the ESPN wire. Just one. I don’t ask for much.
17) The Ravens signed WR Brandon Stokely this weekend. Someone remind me why they let Boldin go again? Different types of receivers of course, but I call non sequitur.
18) Lindsey’s roommate though there was something wrong with our TV yesterday while I was watching golf. She actually said “the golf ball is bleeding,” but I thought the other sentence was better. She was commenting on the shot tracker thing.
19) In case you care, and you are lying if you say you don’t, MJ can still dunk. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-mj-dunk-20130811,0,4318526.story
20) Let’s clear the list with other Deadspin stuff. Jeff Saturday is SKINNY. Let’s remember this is an ex-offensive lineman. http://deadspin.com/retired-jeff-saturday-is-skinny-as-hell-now-1100031660
21) This is the best catch of the week. And maybe the greatest WHIFFLE ball catch ever. http://deadspin.com/this-game-ending-wiffle-ball-catch-is-pretty-damn-impre-1096109663
22) Come on. You don’t like the song Kickstart my Heart? That is absurd. http://deadspin.com/j-j-putz-gets-interrupted-by-kickstart-my-heart-spi-1099039864
23) Ok. I have to focus on golf. This isn’t working doing both. I am going on the record and saying I think Stenson is taking this thing. One back presently. Hope you enjoyed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.
24) Seven more Twitter followers in the last day, and LOTS of readership this weekend. I want to say thank you for clicking on my blog, and for you email people, I send out an OCCASIONAL email. I blog EVERY day.