Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock. Day rant. Speed version. Let’s turn and burn.
RSS FEED: http://thefillerbuster.com/?feed=rss
1) Greetings and salutations, people. Thanks for joining me today. Another day of being glad I am a retired bettor. Pretty sure I would have gone heavy on Stanford last night. But I didn’t, so let’s get to it.
2) Funny that with all of these coaching vacancies, Michigan State QUICKLY re-upped Dantonio and his assistants. Get that guy OFF the market. Well, until next year.
3) The Winter Classic was awesome as I have already mentioned yesterday. What was amazing is that two teams playing in a neutral environment in the snow STILL counted over 105,000 in attendance. That is great stuff, and a great example of hockey fans being passionate.
4) Rudy Gay might end up a decent player in the long run, but the stuff he got traded FOR is making a little Leastern Conference noise. Four straight and eight of 10 for the Raptors. I just looked up online and then stared blankly just now at the roster for 97 seconds, couldn’t figure them out, and will just go to the old sum of its parts theory. Psycho T? Terrence Ross? Kyle Lowry? And the fact that 5 games UNDER .500 will probably get you in the playoffs in that conference.
5) These actually have been circulating for a while, but still some awesome photos included on this. What I learned from these photos along with some other ones someone showed me over the holidays is that I HAVE to get to Norway at some point. Looks gorgeous. Here is the list and below is the shot of Norway they include.
6) I like the Bears locking up Jay Cutler. I actually despise Cutler, but will go on record with the following. In a time where the league is starving for higher level QB’s and with a lot of guys not coming out really early at the position, I think that no matter if you like him or hate him, he DOES have all of the tools. They can back him up, live with the tantrums, and know they are set at QB for the next while.
7) Lindsey and I cleaned out the fridge last night. Constructive, and the only sad part was my tapeworm seeing a couple overlooked food items hanging in the back of a shelf. Totally forgot about that breakfast burrito. Dammit.
8) The Angels signed Mark Mulder, who is trying to make a comeback after working as a commentator for a few years. It is only a minor league contract, but if he makes it to the show, his salary will be about $6 million AND make that Angels rotation a little scarier. If they decide to not MASSIVELY underachieve, he might even get some playoff baseball in.
9) Superbad is a really, really funny movie no matter how many times I see it.
10) Yes, people, THAT is who Blake Bortles is. The UCF QB won the game vs. Baylor, continued his rise in the draft if he goes, and made a George O’Leary siting possible. If you recall, O’Leary was the resume lying Notre Dame coach VERY briefly, and has done a fantastic job at UCF getting them to late season football.
11) Adam Scott won POY for golf. Sounds about right, and I am sure Tiger wouldn’t complain, considering he would have traded all of his boring consistency for ONE Major.
12) The Vikings’ Erin Henderson was arrested again in a six week span. A little speeding, wrecking, and some marijuana. Sounds like a fun time. I am sending a Rant Quad scout, but I admit he is one of my lower peeps. Not that interested in you, Erin.
13) The Hunger Games thing will happen some day, but not today or any time in the near future. I only have so much time.
14) I think if my personality and hypothetical on air presence matched up with any actual sports announcer, it would be most similar to Doug Gottlieb.
15) The Bucs have signed Lovie Smith. I assume the interviews matched up each sides visions and strategy for the team, but it is clear they at least got a class act and someone I don’t think should have been fired in the first place.
16) An NFL scout says that Manziel reminds him of Brett Favre. If this is the case, then the irritation factor must be inverted. I am already equally as irritated with Manziel as I was with Favre, but ONLY in all of his fake retirements. Loved him during the GB years.
17) When the Jets waive Mark Sanchez, we will all get a good chuckle out of the whole deal.
18) Nice win for South Carolina yesterday, sending out long time starter Connor Shaw with a solid W over a solid team. Actually, they really didn’t do much of the sending, as he kind of sent himself with a 22-25 3 TD and 1 rushing TD performance. Awesome show he put on.
19) That is it. Quick hitter today. Hope you enjoyed or are at least more informed. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.