Read it, don’t read it, I don’t care…just needed to get some things off my chest.
In no particular order of chronology or importance…
On the clock big time. Speed version. Day rant. Let’s turn and burn.
Stealing a few moments of your attention like Allen Iverson steals his own kids…
1) I am not overly impressed by the Bama recruit who used a kid as a prop when announcing his decision. And why the hell was Kentucky in the final four selections? Is Calipari helping the football coach cheat (or almost) too?
2) Donald Driver would unretire if he was needed by the Packers. If that doesn’t sound like an unhappy retired guy, I don’t know what does. Tired of chores and picking up kids from soccer practice, already, Donald?
3) I think Lolo Jones needs to rethink her “vines” as much as Atlanta radio personalities need a longer delay. Lolo Jones did a vine about her sub $800 salary in bobsledding. I am sorry you will have to put endorsement money into your savings account, and stay off dropping these type of vines. You are mocking the people not just doing it for “fun.”
4) Bucks SG Monta Ellis will opt out of his deal so he says. Him and Snowball are tight. So, I would consider him Plan B if the whole Chris Paul alignment doesn’t work out. This aligning of superstars SUCKS. I hate it.
5) The Celtics and Clippers are still talking trade, with KG, Rivers, Bledsoe all in the conversation. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over this. If nothing happens, we still have the draft to have some fun. I think Doc would do well in Tinseltown with anything remotely like the present cast. Changes of scenery sometimes help NBA coaches much more than someone in the college ranks.
6) Someone tape whatever Pacman Jones tells the rookies at the symposium. It will be good I assume, especially since no one believes he has learned anything still to this day.
7) I think the Nuggets made a decent hire in Tim Connelly as their new GM. He doesn’t have the accolades, but is VERY respected as an up and comer about to make noise. Past picks he was on the brain trust with? John Wall and Kwame Brown as a #1. We all know this was one semi win, and one huge loss. Tim will also try and pick better in the lottery, staying away from past picks such as Jarvis Hayes, Jared Jeffries, and Devin Harris. All in all, whatever he decides to do with all of these moving parts will start his legacy. Does he let them mature or make one major move with all of this trade bait?
8) The Bruins beat the Blackhawks last night in a “boring” 2-0 game. I mean that sarcastically. The level of play was high and you still needed to watch it after the Hawks made the comeback in the earlier game. Tuukka Rask has separated himself as the “hot” goalie on his way to a Stanley Cup. Dude is on his head stopping shots.
9) Fox Sports decided to put a what if about Tim Tebow as a baseball player for the Angels. I did NOT open the article. We are simply manufacturing ridiculous ways of mentioning him.
10) Lindsey’s friend, Phil, had a pretty clever FB post. Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the day when John Elway was not the most famous white Bronco. That is funny.
11) Justin WHO? Tigers Max Scherzer has a plus 3.0 ERA, but you can’t argue with the 10-0 record. Wow.
12) Mississippi State is undefeated in the CWS, making me less mad they took out UVA in the Super Regionals. Looks like a team that deserves to be there.
13) I wonder how much fun people in high school and grade school had with Hawks Johnny Oduya’s name?
14) Stephen Colbert probably wouldn’t let this happen, but kind of cool. A bear climbs a tree just to say “what’s up?” http://deadspin.com/bear-sees-hunter-in-a-tree-climbs-tree-just-to-say-he-513832182
14a) And speaking of nice animals, bring your freaking abducted kids back to the mom, Iverson.
It really, truly, NEVER gets old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
15) That is it. Will I blog tomorrow? That is a CLOWN question, bro. Peace.